Protein Pancakes

Recently I started a new breakfast ritual. After bread, muesli & skyr with granola in the morning I kind of got tired of those foods and was craving something fluffy and sweet, but still healthy.

So I created my breakfast pancake. I modified the recipe in the last weeks, depending on what I found in my kitchen and what turned out to give it the best texture.

This is my result, enjoy!



























1 banana
1 egg
A gulp of buttermilk

1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
vanilla from vanilla grinder

2 tbsp. (heaped) chocolate whey or other protein powder (can also be replaced by oatmeal)
2 tbsp. (heaped) glutenfree oatmeal

Handfull of blueberries
Skyr or low fat quark
Maple sirup

Medium non sticky pan with some coconut oil
Blender

1. Mix the liquid ingredients in a blender and blend well. Go light on buttermilk, you can always add more later if it is not runny enough to poor it into the pan.
2. Pre-heat the pan on a medium setting and add some coconut oil.
3. Add baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and two heaped table spoons of  oatmeal and protein powder. Blend again.
4. Pour in the pre-heated pan and add blueberries.
5. I usually flip it when the top is not shiny anymore. The other side then usually bakes really fast.
6. Serve with maple sirup and some quark and fruit if you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment